Here's our list of accomplishments...
* Both coats of paint in the kitchen. The peach is forever gone, much thanks to my mom!
* Both coats of paint on one wall in the dining room.
* 1st coat of paint in the living room.
* 1st coat of paint down the hallway.
* Removal of all old, yellowed electrical sockets. Thank you Grandpa and Randy!
* All nail holes were patched and sanded.
* Spray texturing was attempted. We failed, but it made us laugh, so it was okay. We'll try a new product tomorrow, maybe the outcome will be better, huh Mom?! :S
* All window tracks, trim boards, walls, nooks, crannies...etc. are now sparkly clean all thanks to Gma B.
*The repulsive findings beside, behind and below the stove and fridge were conquered...and suddenly my kitchen smells better. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mom and Gma!
At the end of the day my Grandma even took the dirty rags home to wash for me!
Once Brian arrived home from work, the two of us ripped the carpet out of each of the bedrooms. Our findings were appalling. I've never been so happy with a decision as I now am, having seen the underside of the existing carpet...
Note Brian's face. He said that the padding smelled like a raunchy, old fart.
Needless to say, we were more than happy to throw it out in the garage.
A big, huge thank you to the above listed family members. You have already made our week spectacular and it's only Tuesday! Thank you for driving down, working hard and helping to make this house our home.