Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Move-In Monday!

After a weekend trip home for a family Christmas party, I hit the road Monday morning with my best helpers, Mom, Grandma B and Tess. We stopped along the way to buy Mr. Clean in bulk and enough drawer paper for the entire kitchen.
Keep in mind, it was Move In Day, we didn't arrive at the house until an hour past when the movers said they could initially be arriving, and there was still painting, cleaning and plenty of other things to do! I thought it was exciting! Others found it stressful.
My kitchen was chaos but my mom was a trooper and dove into the task that no one else wanted: lining all kitchen cupboards and drawers.
Grandma B mopped all the floors and proceeded to wash everything else in sight.
Tess and I enjoyed some sister bonding time inside the spare bedroom closet while we painted the walls, the ceiling (on accident) and even ourselves.
Then this Bathroom Bleaching Queen moved onto the spare bathroom, in order to allow me "a good, long, soak that night."
Clean Blinds!!! Thanks to all three of my helper's joint efforts.
The good news is that we still found time to consume my mom's amazing, warm, melt-in-your-mouth blueberry scones topped with lemon curd. Applause for you, maMa! Your breakfasts make me want to be a glutton. 
Isn't my sister beautiful?! How she manages to look so cute, even when covered in grey paint, will forever blow my mind...
Somewere in the midst of our cramming-to-beat-the-movers craziness, the TV guy showed up. Next, I glanced out my window and a trench was being dug through my already muddy backyard.
Then I saw this out the front window.
The truck had arrived.
Then came the internet guy.
Our house was a hoppin' place!
The moving began and it went something like this...
Endless boxes and pieces of furniture came in through the front door. (We turned the heat completely off. It was brrr!) The movers would call out the number on the object they were holding and Brian would mark it off on the sheet they'd given him. They called Brian 'Boss' and 'Bingo Master' all day. At one point they brought in one of our camping chairs, set it up in the middle of the living room and said, "Here you go Boss, here's your bingo chair."
Once all of our stuff had made it into the house, garage, backyard...etc. the moving guys assembled any furniture that they had unassembled back in Vancouver. And then they were off!

This was what our bedroom looked like when I decided it was time to call it a night...
And this was the state of our bathroom when I woke up the following morning...
But my kitchen looks like this!
I love how the drawer liner looks with my old bowls!

Still three days later, I don't know where most things are but everything is beautifully put away in what I don't doubt my grandma, or my mom, or my sister deemed the perfect place. For that I am very grateful.
Thank You, Thank You, Ladies! This house would still be a freakshow, had it not been for you, your generosity and all your hand's, knee's and gas tank's hard work.
Pin It!


  1. Yay for you being moved in! Thanks for a recap of the crazy day! You're so great at enjoying and capturing the process! Love ya!

  2. What a TON of work...the house looks great! I looooove your kitchen!