Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Making Me Smile.

There have been so many things since Sanders' arrival, most little and some big, that have brought smiles to my face and happiness to my heart. I know I'll never forget the preciousness of the past 11 weeks but the details will fade with time, so here's a little list.

.Flowers.
 Both my dad and my father-in-law surprised me with bouquets of cheerful flowers.


.Meals.
We were shown so much love by family, friends, and women from church, preparing and delivering meals to our home. I always knew it was a nice gesture to bring a meal to a family with a new baby but I didn't understand until having my own what an incredible relief it is to not have to worry about dinner.

My friend Laura from church brought us a meal when Sanders was just weeks old. This little Ziploc bag more than made me smile, it made me laugh out loud.

.Brian's Time Off.
In anticipation of Sanders's arrival, Brian saved as much vacation as possible and was able to take 3 weeks off. It was a really special time.

.Nan and Gram.
We're so grateful to our moms, both of which stayed with us throughout our first few weeks as parents. Thank you for being present in our home, getting up/staying up in the middle of the night, teaching us how to burp a floppy newborn, doing laundry, the list goes on and on. Thank you for showing us the ropes and most importantly, for leading by example. We love you. Thanks for loving our little man so much.



.Christmas Music.
Sanders' first few weeks were accompanied by constant Christmas music. I don't want to forget the enchantment of the two combined. I also don't want to forget Sanders' huge startles each time Carol of the Bells played on Pandora. :)

.Sanders' Smiles.
Sleep smile. 1 week old.

.Skarlett's arrival.
Meeting and holding my niece just 13 days after welcoming my own little one was precious beyond what words can describe. So was all the cousins, including Sanders, gathered together to meet her. (Never mind the pesky window pane. :)



Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking me back to that beautiful time. So thankful to be a part of it all and be there the first few days of Sanders' life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs I wish you were up here and closer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's definitely smile-worthy, that's for sure. :) Can't wait to see the Colonel again soon!

    ReplyDelete