Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I love a rainy day...


Looking out my window this morning this is what I saw...


To you, this may just look like a dark living room and a view to the outdoors that says, "Gotta love Trash Day, Tuesday." So I guess it was hard to capture but what this says to me is, rain! Beautiful, wet, refreshing, wash-all-the-dirt-away RAIN. 

Now, ask me in a couple of months and I'll be loathing the rain and looking back longingly at those wonderful bright summer days that seem so long ago. But for today, I am loving it, every single drop. In fact, I was so excited that I donned my cute rain boots and went outside to play! Finn thought I was crazy, he sat in his cozy blanket-covered chair and watched me through the window. What a little pooper!
 
To top off this wonderful "fall-ish" day, I splurged. I waited until after 2:00 (b/c that's only fair) and then went bursting into our bedroom to wake Brian up. I exclaimed, "It's raining outside, did you know?!" It was a rude awakening, I'm sure, but it got the point across. I'd been waiting all day. I wanted to share this moment with him. I needed to get out of the house, don my rain boots [again :], hit up the nearest Sbux (located in the lovely downtown 'couve) and get me a PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE! That's right people, the one and only that we've loved for seven years straight...it's officially been soft launched. (Meaning it hasn't yet made it on the menu board of your local store but we've got the goods, pick yours up today!)
After an excessive amount of mumbling on Brian's part, I did manage to get him up out of bed and before we knew it we were backing out of the driveway. It wasn't until he almost ran over our trash cans that I realized I may have rushed the waking-up process, but somehow, we made it there and back without so much as another near collision. :)
We've since had dinner, he's back at work, and I'm being beckoned by a certain sewing machine. I can't think of anything better to fill a lady's rainy, home-alone evening.

And that, my friends, is why today, I love a rainy day.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. SO AGREE! I loved the rain today... it was just so cozy. A pumpkin spice latte would have made it better for sure... I must get one soon. You need to come back some weekend this fall so we can experience this lovely season together! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend on facebook posted about pumpkin spice lattes today and it made me think of you :) Oh what I would give for some rain down here. It's supposed to be 100 degrees tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your sentiments exactly, love a good rain. I'll feel different in a couple of months...oh well. The change of seasons is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete