Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Pregnancy Milestones & Memories.

I stumbled upon my pregnancy journal and wanted to post it before I misplace it or forget about it again. It's really just a list of random thoughts and reactions recorded throughout our pregnancy... It's fun for me to read and remember but I recorded it for Sanders. I hope he'll feel loved when he reads this someday, and that he gets a chuckle. :)


6 weeks: We found out we were pregnant with you on March 30, 2012. It took us a couple of days to start to truly believe in your existence. We also found out your Auntie Tess was pregnant. We were so excited.

15 weeks, 6 days: I felt you move for the first time. (It was a Sunday evening and we were in the car headed to church.) You felt like a little critter fluttering inside of me, just to the left of my belly button.

17 weeks: Your heart rate was 146. Some say faster means girl, slower means boy. I wonder what you are in there…

20 weeks: We got to watch you wiggle about for a whole 45 minutes. You were determined not to show us your face, but your spine, it was beautiful. ;) Dad says, “We found out you were a big one!”

21 weeks, 3 days: Dad felt you move through my tummy. It was the first time he’d ever felt a baby move in utero. He was stunned, speechless. Don’t tell him I told you, but I saw sweet, joyful tears in his eyes. :) It was obvious that, for the first time, he felt really connected to you.

25 weeks: At our OB appt the Dr. placed the doppler on my tummy and instantly your heartbeat was heard as well as a whole bunch of static, which meant that you were moving a lot! Within seconds you hit the doppler. When the Dr. moved it to a new place you hit it again. Each time she moved the doppler to a new location you would hit/kick it. The Dr. exclaimed, “Your baby’s chasing me!” It was your first human interaction. It was a proud moment for this first time mama.

28 weeks: We made it to the 3rd trimester! Although I felt like there was still a lot to accomplish before your arrival, your dad was becoming very excited to meet you. We so look forward to seeing your face and holding you in our arms. I can’t wait to hear all your cute little sounds.

37 weeks: We went in for a growth ultrasound because you were measuring big. We found out that your abdomen measured 99% and your head 88%. You were estimated to weigh approximately 8.5 lbs. With 3(ish) more weeks to go, these were daunting numbers for your mama to hear.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for keeping a journal!
    Sweet memories of a special time.

    ReplyDelete